Open Solid State Notes¶
After following this course you will be able to:
- Formulate the main models of solid state physics
- Given a description of a solid state physics problem, write down the corresponding equations
- Identify the relevant approximations and apply them to solve this problem
In these notes our aim is to provide learning materials which are:
- easy to modify and remix, so we provide the full source, including the code
- open for reuse: see the license below.
The course is heavily inspired by the book Oxford Solid State Basics by Steve Simon (referred to as the book in the materials).