Open Solid State Notes¶
After following this course you will be able to:
- Model collective properties of fermions and bosons using density of states
- Determine and analyse band structures of simple models of solid state systems
- Describe and analyse properties of crystals
- Analyse properties of semiconductor devices
In these notes our aim is to provide learning materials which are:
- easy to modify and remix, so we provide the full source, including the code
- open for reuse: see the license below.
The course is heavily inspired by the book Oxford Solid State Basics by Steve Simon (referred to as the book in the materials). We invite all the readers to read the book for a more detailed overview and view his lecture recordings.
Delft 2022 course run¶
The main tool we use for communicating about the course is the course forum course forum. All the students registering for the course on brightspace will be added to a closed forum group giving them access to the course announcements.
The complete and detailed course offering information will be listed in an internal forum post, with an additional explanation about how we compose exams